Friday, August 19, 2011

Meet the Dixon Staff - Nancy

Name: Nancy Parish Trenthem

Position: Executive Assistant

How long have you worked at the Dixon?    4 years

The best thing about living in Memphis is……  

the funky, cool vibe – THE MEMPHIS MOJO!  Big enough to 

have culture and small enough not to take 2 hrs. to get 

across the city.

What famous artist (deceased or living) would you want to be for one day and why? 

Edward Manet.  How great it would be to live in Paris and be a great artist, yet not be destitute as most of the Impressionist painters were.

How old were you on your first visit to a museum (art, science history)? How did it shape your interest in museums?

My interest in art heightened greatly when I worked for Avron Fogelman and two original line drawings by Picasso were on the wall behind my desk and a large Chagall circus painting on another wall.

Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?

I have three cats but my favorite babylove is my young male cat, Martini.

What is your favorite piece in Jean-Louis Forain: La Comédie parisienne?

The Buffet

What do you like most about working at the Dixon?

A very pleasant, easy going boss and fabulous art and tall trees for my eyes to feast on.

No comments:

Post a Comment