I am Maggie Murff and I work in the Membership/Development office at the Dixon. The Dixon has been a big part of my life and I feel that it can only make you a better person, it has for me. Whether you come to learn, to be inspired, to meet friends, or just to relax, the Dixon is an unbelievable facet of the Memphis community, and everyone should take advantage of the access we have to this world class organization.
So you ask ‘Why join the Dixon?’ Well, let me count the ways…
1. Discounts on various programs and events throughout the year like Symphony in the Gardens, Yoga in the Gardens, Floral Arrangement workshops, Mini Masters, and Shakespeare in the Gardens going on now!
|Symphony in the Gardens in 2010 - May 7 is the date for this year, Get your tickets now|
2. Free admission to the gorgeous 17 acres of gardens right in the heart of East Memphis.
3. Free access to world premier exhibitions like Jean-Louis Forain: La Comedie parisenne coming June 26 or our Mallory Wurtzburger exhibitions that are dedicated to local artists.
|Jean - Louis Forain, Woman breathing in Flowers, 1883. Pastel on Paper. Museum Purchase|
4. Free admission to Art After Dark, our monthly Thursday event, where you can meet artists, hear amazing musicians, drink delectable drinks, relax and wander the galleries and gardens after work, and more. During the Forain exhibition, Art After Dark will be every Thursday night!
5. You receive at least 10% off your purchases from the Dixon’s Museum Store all year round. Buy beautiful jewelry, pottery by local potters, the adorable baby and children toys, garden accoutrements and so many other wonderful must have items.
6. Invitations to exclusive Dixon events such as Art on Tap, Art on Fire and many many others.
|Young at Art - Artini 2011|
7. You would be supporting one of Memphis’ best outreach programs. The Dixon is a bit of an unknown gem when it comes to outreach. We take art and garden programs to over 20,000 school children all over Shelby and Desoto County through Art-To-Grow; offer art therapy to Alzheimer patients with Reflections, at-risk teens with Teen Studio, and Exceptional Art for adults with special needs; and we help schools bring their students to the Dixon by offering Busing Bucks. Our motto is the Dixon is for Everyone!
8. You can use your Dixon membership card at other museums and gardens around the country with reciprocal programs that we participate in.
9. Access to some of the most brilliant minds in the area in Art and Gardening. Bring your art and gardening questions to us – we certainly have lots of tried and true experience.
10. You will be the first to know about the Dixon’s exciting programs by receiving the Quarterly Newsletter.
These are only 10 of the exciting reasons to join the Dixon, I could go on all day, but now let me ask you a question – Have you joined yet?
If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com.