Friday, August 12, 2011

Meet the Dixon staff - Tanya

Name: Tanya Miner Dumas

Position: Visitor Services

College/University: University of Memphis-BA/ CBU-MA

How long have you worked at the Dixon? 11 years


The best thing about living in Memphis is…… The changing of the seasons, the people.   The community of faith that is displayed in Memphis by Memphians/ the U of M-Go Tigers!

What famous artist (deceased or living) would you want to be for one day and why?

Helen Turner.  I love the femininity of her work, the colors, her love of the outdoors is apparent in her paintings

How old were you on your first visit to a museum (art, science history)? How did it shape your interest in museums?

Probably on a visit to Florida with my family-a wildlife museum

Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?

I have no pets.

What is your favorite piece in Jean-Louis Forain: La Comédie parisienne?

I like all of it. I don’t have a favorite.

What do you like most about working at the Dixon? 

The interesting people that I meet every day in my position from all over the world and the nice people that I work with on a daily basis.

 


1 comment: