Friday, August 5, 2011

Meet the Dixon Staff - Glenn

Name: Glenn Overall
 
Position: Bookkeeper
 
College/University: UCLA/State Tech
 
How long have you worked at the Dixon? 11 years


 
The best thing about living in Memphis is……Golf in the winter. Living closer to my 
 family. The Grizzlies.
 
What famous artist (deceased or living) would you want to be for one day and why? Andy Warhol…just to hang with the celebs of those days. Oh the stories I could tell.

How old were you on your first visit to a museum (art, science history)? How did it shape your interest in museums? 
I was a teen and visited the Detroit Institute of Art. I wasn’t very cerebral in those days so it was not a life changing event.

Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names? 
Two dogs: Tex and Bella. Tex is afraid of people and loves dogs. Bella loves everyone and everyone loves Bella. They both like to eat my house. No joke!

What is your favorite piece in Jean-Louis Forain: La Comédie parisienne? 
There are too many favorites to pick one. I lean toward his more ominous paintings for some reason.
 
What do you like most about working at the Dixon? 
The art, the parties, my co-workers and the Dixon members.

No comments:

Post a Comment