Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Meet the Dixon staff - Chantal!

Name: Chantal Drake
Position: Communications Associate
College/University:  
University of Alabama at Birmingham, BA     
University of Memphis, MA
How long have you worked at the Dixon? 10 months and counting


The best thing about living in Memphis is……

Shelby Farms/Levitt Shell! There are so many great things to do and places to go for free!

What famous artist (deceased or living) would you want to be for one day and why?

Elizabeth Catlett – she is in tune with herself and her culture beautifully and it shows in every piece she does. Her work is powerful and poetic. To have that much insight into yourself and others is something I would love to have, along with her talent and feistiness.

How old were you on your first visit to a museum (art, science, history)? How did it shape your interest in museums?

The first visit I can remember is when I was 16 – I went with the art club in high school. Yes – I was a member of the art club! I remember thinking, ‘hmmmm, a place to go and look at things I like – cool’

Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?

My 5 yr old son has an American Staffordshire that he named Mutant (after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

What is your favorite piece in Jean-Louis Forain: La Comédie parisienne?

In the Wings

What do you like most about working at the Dixon?

The events! From Art After Dark to Family Day – they don’t get much better anywhere else in the city!


No comments:

Post a Comment