Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Meet the Dixon Staff - Eric!


Name: Eric Bork  

Position: Assistant Preparator / Weekend Manager

College/University:  
BA Lyon College, Batesville, AR
MFA - Painting, Graduate Certificate Program – Museum Studies, University of Memphis

How long have you worked at the Dixon?  
3 Years


The best thing about living in Memphis is……  

The International Bar-B-Que Festival, hands down!

What famous artist (deceased or living) would you want to be for one day and why?

If being them means I would know what they did, then John Singer Sargent. His instinctive use of light is something that could lifetimes to learn. It would be nice to just already know it.

How old were you on your first visit to a museum (art, science history)? How did it shape your interest in museums?

I remember going to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago when I was very small and thinking it was pretty fantastic. But my first visit to the Met in New York sealed the deal. After that, I knew I wanted museums to be a  part of my life after that.

Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?

Um, my son has an aquarium full of fish. There are about 15 of them. I think some of their names are Jeff, Plo, John, and Jericho. I don’t know all the others.

What is your favorite piece in Jean-Louis Forain: La Comédie parisienne?

It’s a tie between two very different pieces: Jeanette in a white collar and The Racetrack

What do you like most about working at the Dixon?

Talking with guests, my co-workers, handling artwork, traveling, the gardens, the parties, my goodness what isn’t there to love about the Dixon?

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment